1. Introduction and General Terms
- • what information Teaching Music may collect about you;
- • how Teaching Music will use information we collect about you;
- • when Teaching Music may use your details to contact you;
- • whether Teaching Music will disclose your details to anyone else;
- • your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
2. What information will Teaching Music collect about me?
3. How will Teaching Music use the information they collect about me?
Teaching Music will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- • for “service administration purposes”, which means that Teaching Music may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- • to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide.
- • to personalise the way Teaching Music content is presented to you
- • IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and to analyse and improve the services offered on Teaching Music e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where Teaching Music proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will Teaching Music contact me?
Teaching Music may contact you:
- • in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Teaching Music can deliver the services to you;
- • where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- • in relation to any contribution you have made to Teaching Music, e.g. on message boards;
- • to invite you to participate in surveys about Teaching Music services (participation is always voluntary)
- • for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below)
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Teaching Music won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6. Will Teaching Music share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Teaching Music. However, sometimes Teaching Music uses third parties to process your information. Teaching Music will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Teaching Music will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on Teaching Music website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Teaching Music, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on Teaching Music, Teaching Music may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where Teaching Music reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Teaching Music may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Teaching Music’s website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will Teaching Music keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a Teaching Music member, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically. Where you contribute to Teaching Music we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
10. Can I find out what personal information Teaching Music holds about me?
13. Cookies Policy -Information Teaching Music collects from you
Teaching Music uses session cookies to enable you to log in and post content to the site. This are removed when you log out from the site. No personal information is recorded in these temporary cookies. We do not use persistent cookies.